8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Mon-Fri, variable
01/19/24 or until filled
A complete application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the designated Adult MH clinic director, the Driver/Maintenance 1 position at Camino Real Community Services requires skilled motor vehicle operation, including operating vans or automobiles for transporting consumers, personnel, supplies, mail, and other cargo as well as performing custodial duties in the MH Center and associated program areas. The Driver/Maintenance role involves working according to prescribed rules, regulations, and schedules, and adhering to written and verbal instructions while maintaining compliance with prescribed safety procedures. The position also requires the upkeep and maintenance of company vehicles to ensure safe and reliability transportation for staff and clients. The ideal candidate for this position should have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and experience in vehicle maintenance. In addition, the ability to work independently, follow directions, and communicate effectively with staff and clients is essential. Also performs general cleaning and janitorial duties in the common areas of the building, including washing windows and maintaining a neat and orderly janitor’s room stocked with cleaning and maintenance supplies. Camino Real Community Services is committed to providing trauma-informed care, and all employees are required to undergo training in this area. The Driver/Maintenance position is a critical role in ensuring the smooth operation of the MH Center and associated program areas, and the successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the organization’s mission.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Basic maintenance skills and knowledge of tools and equipment used in building maintenance.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior working experience within a mental health services agency.
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish.
- Reside in Karnes or Wilson County.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of the operation, care, and maintenance of housekeeping equipment/tools.
- Working knowledge of safety practices employed in housekeeping tasks.
- Must be able to work off ladders and lift/move objects up to fifty pounds in weight.
- Knowledge of light motor vehicle operation and traffic rules/regulations.
- Ability to follow schedules for pick-ups and deliveries.
- Must be able to understand verbal/written instructions.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and the ability to work in a stressful environment.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Apply in person at: 322 W Main, Suite 104, Kenedy, Texas
Or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300