C&A Case Manager
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Mon-Fri, variable
Karnes Co. MH
07/14/23 or until filled
A complete application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Camino Real Community Services is an agency that provides trauma-informed care to persons with mental health needs. The C&A Case Manager is responsible for providing mental health services to severely and chronically mentally ill or emotional disturbed children, adolescents, and their parents and may include as well as dual disordered mental health/chemically dependent individuals. Responsibilities may include the provision of services throughout the service area. These service interventions may be provided in home, in office, and/or in community settings. Interventions include screening, case management, individual rehabilitative skills training, family rehabilitative skills training, group skills and provision of crisis resolution services. Performs case management and rehabilitation duties as addressed in the Texas Administrative Code, Community Standards, and policies and procedures of the agency. Required to meet one hundred hours of productivity standards monthly and complete all documentation within 24 hours. May assist the director in working relationships with local and state agencies and resources. Interagency collaboration is essential to this position. The job requires extensive travel for community-based service provision and flexible hours and scheduled to meet the demand of the clients served. Administratively reports directly to the C&A Clinic Manager and works with guidance from the Children’s Services Director.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in (or the equivalent to a major, i.e., 24 hours of course work) in psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human growth and development, physician assistant, gerontology, special education, education psychology, early childhood education, or early childhood intervention; OR a registered nurse. Must meet QMHP qualifications.
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Must be able to use personal vehicle for travel to provide job duties.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior working experience with mental health.
- One (1) year of experience working with at risk youth.
- Prior working experience as a case manager.
- English/Spanish skills; demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish.
- Resident of service county.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques, and practices of social work.
- Skill in interviewing and assessing treatment needs of persons served.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to plan and implement consumer services.
- May require abilities to supervise the work of others; to interpret program methods and procedures; and to provide guidance to other staff.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and the ability to work in a stressful environment.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Apply in person at: 322 West Main, Suite 104, Kenedy, Texas or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300