8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Mon-Fri (variable)
SUD Clinic, Jourdanton, Texas
05/20/23 or until filled
A complete application is required for this position. Proof of education is required upon the start of employment. Transcript or diploma must be original. Copies will not be accepted. Requires valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant works under the supervision of and reports directly to the Project Director. Using initiative and judgment, performs advanced secretarial duties with latitude for decision making in carrying out administrative phases of the work in the absence of the Project Director, within bounds set forth by the Project Director. Assembles and organizes information for the Project Director and staff. The Project Director manages an efficient office system and contributes to the clinic quality improvement efforts.
Duties include but are not limited to answering and routing a high volume of incoming calls, supplying information to callers, relaying messages, and greeting people, order supplies. Constantly exercises vigilance in maintaining confidential files and reports. Responsible for assisting the evaluator to gather reports from all the grant staff. Must have excellent communication and customer service skills, must always maintain a high level of professional attitude and must be able to work in a very fast-paced work environment.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED, plus two (2) years of paid secretarial work or related experience with focus in billing and/or clerical duties.
- One (1) year (30 semester hours) of accredited college work in a related field may substitute for one year of the required experience.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience and proficiency using computer/office equipment and software: Word, Excel, and Internet.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently, to organize work efficiently, and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other professionals and individuals.
- Knowledge of business terminology, office practices and procedures, spelling, punctuation, grammar, and arithmetic.
- Skill in word processing and in the use of automated equipment and software.
- Ability to make basic mathematical computations and tabulations, to maintain clerical records and prepare reports, to compose letters and memoranda, and to operate automated equipment.
- Must have ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Ability to take meeting minutes.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION
Apply in person at: 1739 Hwy. 97 E, Ste. D, Jourdanton, Texas, or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300