C&A Case Manager
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Mon-Fri
Mental Health Services
03/24/23 or until filled
Proof of education is required upon request. Transcript or diploma must be original. Copies will not be accepted. Requires valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Camino Real Community Services is a Trauma Informed Care Agency and implements the principles of trauma informed care. The C&A Case Manager is responsible for providing mental health services to severely and chronically mentally ill or emotional disturbed children, adolescents, and their parents and may include as well as dual disordered mental health/chemically dependent individuals. Responsibilities may include the provision of services throughout the service area. These service interventions may be provided in home, in office, and/or in community settings. Interventions include screening, case management, individual rehabilitative skills training, family rehabilitative duties as addressed in the Texas Administrative Code, Community Standards, and policies and procedures of the agency. Required to meet one hundred hours of productivity standards monthly and complete all documentation within 24 hours. May assist the director in working relationships with local and state agencies and resources. Interagency collaboration is essential to this position. The job requires extensive travel for community-based service provision and flexible hours and is scheduled to meet the demands of the clients served. Administratively reports directly to the C&A Clinic Manager and works with guidance from the Children’s Services Director.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field from an accredited college or university, with major in (or the equivalent to a major, i.e., 24 hours of course work) in psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human growth and development, physician assistant, gerontology, special education, education psychology, early childhood education, or early childhood intervention OR a registered nurse.
- Must meet QMHP qualifications.
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Must be able to use personal vehicle for travel to provide job duties.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Prior working experience with mental health.
- One (1) year of experience working with at risk youth.
- Prior working experience as a case Manager.
- Local resident of Zavala, Crystal City, or Eagle Pass.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques, and practices of social work.
- Skill in interviewing and assessing treatment needs of persons served.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to plan and implement consumer services.
- May require abilities to supervise the work of others, to interpret program methods and procedures, and to provide guidance to other staff.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and the ability to work in a stressful environment.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Apply in person at: 1749 Hwy. 97 East, Jourdanton, Texas 78026
or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services Center
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300