Community Support Provider
Variable as Needed
03/24/23 or until filled
A complete application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides services to individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities living in their homes. May require handling individuals that are non-ambulatory or that require total assistance with hygiene, bathing, housekeeping, lifting, and transferring, and other services as needed. May provide transportation for medical appointments, outings, and other community access activities. This transportation will include travel out of the area and to other cities as required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
- High school diploma, GED, or the ability to pass a Comprehension Test and provide three non-family letters of reference.
- Clear driving record and current TDL.
- Must be able to travel either by agency vehicle or personal vehicle to transport individuals out of town.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, based on the agency’s needs.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- Able to speak and write both English and Spanish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to write clearly and document all contacts.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals with special needs.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Must possess good computer skills.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Apply in person at: 1325 3rd Street, Floresville, Texas or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300