Therapist Technician III
8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Wilson Work Center
11/24/23 or until filled
Agency vehicles may be available; however, mileage is reimbursed for some activities requiring use of personal vehicles. The selected applicant must be able to attend approximately five working days of staff development orientation in Lytle, TX.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Therapist Technician III position has primary responsibility for supervising production activity of the individual, implementation of training objectives that support objectives that support work activity, work skills, and other area that focus on preparation of the individual for work in the community. Conducts programs developed by support personnel that address areas such as behavior, safety, health, etc. Performs activity which supports timely compliance of production requirements. Completes documentation as directed by supervisor. May require some travel. Position functions under the general supervision of the Work Center Manager. Will provide services within range of activities in accordance with the evidentiary requirements of waiver programs. Drives vehicles as necessary for work production purposes and individual transporting of individuals. Computer literacy required.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation from an accredited high school, GED, or pass a comprehensive test and provide three references.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Paid or volunteer work experience.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Six (6) months paid work experience providing skills training or therapeutic supports to persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities; providing oversight to production work or other work-related activities; developing and implementing treatment, behavior, medical, socialization, safety, or health support plans.
- Experience with the IDD population.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of training techniques and/or of providing therapeutic support in a community setting.
- Knowledge of community resources and training needs for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Skill in the use of equipment, tools and materials used in work setting or other therapeutic service activities.
- Ability to lift or transfer equipment or people as needed.
- Ability to provide rehabilitative support, communicate clearly, train others, and to prepare concise reports.
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Must possess good computer skills.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Apply in person at: 1323 3rd Street, Floresville, Texas or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300