ECI Service Coordinator
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Mon-Fri, variable
Early Childhood Intervention (ECI)
New Braunfels, Texas
10/04/23 or until filled
A complete application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record. YOU MUST SUBMIT A TRANSCRIPT WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides early intervention services to infants and toddlers, birth to 36 months, who are eligible for participation in the Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) Program. Responds to referrals to coordinate needed services. Participates in eligibility determination and provides case management to an assigned caseload. Complies with regulations and processes throughout service delivery. Submits accurate and timely documentation. Extensive travel throughout the assigned area is required and when and if an agency vehicle is not available may require the use of personal vehicle and submit for mileage reimbursement. This position is supervised by the Team Leader in New Braunfels.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Adaptive physical education (with or without certification); child development; child life; communication disorders; early childhood (with or without certification); elementary education (with or without certification); family life; health, psychology, social; work, sociology, special education (with or without certification) AND transcript must contain 3 hours of college credit in early childhood development or early childhood special education; OR
- Bachelor’s degree (other than those listed above) including 18 hours of college credit (verified by an official transcript with a passing grade) directly related to early intervention. AND transcript must contain 3 hours of college credit in early childhood development or early childhood special education.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmental milestones, 0 to 5 years.
- Prior direct work experience in the provision of services to infants and toddlers.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior experience working with families of young children with special needs.
- Prior ECI experience
- Prior work experience requiring home visits.
- English/Spanish skills; demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of normal child development and intervention techniques for treating developmentally delayed infants and toddlers.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to use intervention techniques effectively.
- Skillful in developing, organizing, and utilizing community resources.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict in area of responsibility.
- Ability to coordinate, plan, and develop programs and provide services to families.
- Must have ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Must possess good computer skills.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Apply in person at: 1619 E. Common Street, Ste. 201, New Braunfels, Texas or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300