07/07/23 or until filled
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides general and non-traditional, complex nursing services for the promotion of care, treatment, and general welfare of persons with serious and persistent mental illness including CRCS consumers in the Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) Program. Work requires assertive intervention and may include daily in-home contact as needed for a shared caseload of individuals with severe and chronic mental disabilities. Requires travel and flexible hours. Use of personal vehicles may be necessary on occasion. Coordinates treatment in a multi-disciplinary team setting working with other PSR team staff in delivery of intensive community psychiatric services. This position will provide clinical supervision of the MH nurse staff to support the DON of outpatient services. Current knowledge of up-to-date treatment trends for mental illness and extensive knowledge base, experience, and background in field of mental health required. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of treatment with psychotropic medications required. Because of the unique nature of the PSR and coordinated specialty care programs extraordinary duties may be required to maintain the consumer in the community setting, including frequent home visits and interaction with other community agencies. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Will be a participant in scheduled meetings to assist in developing strategies to supporting recovery for participants receiving mental health services. Works under general supervision and clinical supervision of the Director of Nursing for Outpatient Services.
Camino Real Community Services is a Trauma Informed Care Agency and implements the principles of trauma informed care.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed to practice as a licensed registered nurse in the State of Texas.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have work experience using a computer, valid driver’s license, and acceptable driving record.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Five (5) years of experience in the field of community health nursing with at least two (2) years of experience in a mental health out-patient/inpatient setting.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Skilled professional medical/nursing knowledge is required for many activities and especially for Medicaid related activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of individual needs/characteristics associated with mental illness and appropriate approaches to treatment and nursing functions.
- Knowledge of computer and office automation equipment and software to support nursing services.
- Skill with health care delivery in a bilingual setting.
- Skills with primary care and psychiatric vocational nursing.
- Ability to develop productive relationships with consumers and family members.
- Ability to work independently, organize work efficiently and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain physical and emotional stamina to permit full performance of duties.
- Ability to work in a crisis.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Apply in person at: 1749 Hwy. 97 East, Jourdanton, Texas
Or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services Center
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 OR 357-0300