TIEMH Team Leader (Mgr. II (TEMPORARY GRANT FUNDED POSITION)
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Mon-Fri, variable
Any MH Site
01/26/24 or until filled
A complete application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record. Camino Real Community Services is a Trauma Informed Care Agency and implements the principles of Trauma Informed Care.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Innovative Healing Centered Project (IHCP) Team Leader reports directly to and is provided leadership and supervision by the MH Services Director. Responsibilities include program and staff development and standards compliance through effective leadership, communication, team effort and performance improvement to staff supervised. Provides administrative and program oversight of IHCP staff in their provision of services. Provides services to consumers and families to include screenings, referrals to internal and external resources, and follow-up calls for individuals at high risk. Will ensure that brief skills and interventions are provided to individuals that are assessed. Develops a schedule of community events in the various counties for the prevention of mental health and substance use disorders. The Team Leader is responsible for the performance of their staff and shall assure compliance with set grant program standards and the quality of work done by staff. Must be capable of developing and sustaining effective communication, working relations and collaboration with employees, county/city officials and other agencies. Will be responsible for program planning, inter-agency coordination, and resource information/data collection of the IHCP service program. Extensive travel required in the service area. CRCS is a trauma-informed agency and implements the principles of trauma-informed care.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in (or the equivalent to a major), in psychology, social work, medicine, nursing, rehabilitation, counseling, sociology, human growth and development, physician assistant, gerontology, special education, educational psychology, early childhood education, or early childhood intervention; plus 3 years of full-time experience in a field relevant to the program. Each year of graduate level credit (24 semester hours) may substitute for each year of the required experience.
- Must meet Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) qualifications.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish.
- Master’s Degree and professional licensure (i.e., LPC, LPC-A, LCSW, LCDC)
- One (1) years’ experience in supervision/management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of individual needs/characteristics associated with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Knowledge of community-based service delivery system and the role of case management.
- Knowledge of local community resources, how to access those services and use them effectively.
- Skills for independent, organized, and efficient work and effective verbal and written communication.
- Skill for documenting work done as well as drafting reports and recommendation for administrative use.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other professionals, individuals, and groups.
- Ability to advocate effectively for an individual in the target population.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Apply in person at: 19965 FM 3175 N., Lytle, Texas or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300