Associate MH Services Director (Manager VIII)
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Mon-Fri (variable)
09/14/23 or until filled
A complete application is required for this position. Proof of education is required upon the start of employment. Transcript or diploma must be original. Copies will not be accepted. Requires valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Associate Mental Health Services Director reports directly to and is provided leadership and supervision by the Director of Mental Health Services. Responsibilities include assisting the Director with organizational and administrative tasks as requested, overseeing programmatic implementation of behavioral health services, providing education and training both internally and externally, cultivating relationships with strategic partners, and being actively involved in the budgeting process and monitoring to expend all funds allocated to projects. Assists with marketing of clinical services and building community partnerships and referrals. Demonstrates effective communication skills with all behavioral health programs and works to eliminate communication barriers. Must be capable of developing and sustaining effective communication, working relations and collaboration with employees, county/city officials and other agencies. Use of personal vehicles and travel may be required. Camino Real Community Services practices the principles of trauma-informed care and requires that all employees be trained in this area.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social, behavioral, or human services.
- At least 10 years of documented working in middle to upper management with a local mental health authority.
- Must meet Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) qualifications.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree.
- LPC, LPCA, LCSW.
- English/Spanish skills; demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English and Spanish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of mental health community service delivery, and the needs of consumers who have major mental illness and concomitant behavioral disorders, i.e., chemical dependency, personality disorders.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of services components, policies, and daily operations of a community mental health center. Requires the ability to understand and interpret pertinent policies and procedures accurately and clearly to staff.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal agencies/resources available to assist in improving the condition of the consumers and their families.
- Working knowledge of center documentation, administration reporting, and organizational skills.
- Must have effective leadership skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other agencies, and supervisory personnel.
- Ability to manage program activities, to establish goals and objectives, to devise solutions to administrative problems, to develop and evaluate administrative policies and procedures, to prepare concise reports, and to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Camino Real productivity standards, requirements, and expectations for adult program and accurately communicate those requirements and expectations to staff.
- Must have ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and ability to work in a stressful environment.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION
Apply in person at: 19965 FM3175 N., Lytle, Texas, or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300