8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Mon-Fri
09/20/23 or until filled
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Registered Nurse performs duties within the RN legal scope of practice. RN will be responsible for completing Comprehensive Nursing Assessment for individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (IDD) enrolled in the Texas Home Living (TxHmL) and Home and Community Based (HCS) Waiver Programs. Pay would be based on the number of comprehensive nursing assessments completed. Additional opportunities to earn more pay will be available for completing delegations, participating in service planning team meetings, and assisting during psychiatric clinic to take vitals and act as liaison for individuals receiving services through the Community Mental Health Grant. The RN reports to the Community Support Director.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Texas with at least one year’s work experience as a registered nurse in a health agency, hospital, or health care facility. Work experience can be substituted with experience working with IDD individuals.
- OR a bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program.
- Skilled Professional Medical knowledge (SPMP) licensure, education and training is required for Medicaid related activities.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience working with people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of departmental rules and regulations, facility’s policies, and procedures, and HHSC Standards.
- Working knowledge and understanding of IDD.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to initiate the collaborative relationships necessary to facilitate the delivery of health care services.
- Ability to provide nursing care and perform nursing input.
- Knowledge of nursing procedures and techniques.
- Ability to provide patient medical care; to prepare and maintain records; and to train others.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Submits required documentation and/or reports accurately and timely.
- Must possess good computer skills.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and ability to work in a stressful environment.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Apply in person at: 19965 FM 3175 N., Lytle, Texas 78114
Or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services Center
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 OR 357-0300