Administrative Specialist V
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. Mon-Fri,
02/09/24 or until filled
A complete application is required for this position. Proof of education required upon request and requires a valid Texas driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The receptionist/secretary works under the supervision of and reports directly to the Clinic Director. Using initiative and judgment, performs advanced secretarial duties with latitude for decision making in carrying out administrative phases of the work in the absence of the Clinic Director, within the bounds set forth by the Clinic Director. Assembles and organizes information for the Clinic Director and staff. With the Director, manages an efficient office system and contributes to the clinic quality improvement efforts.
Duties include but are not limited to answering and routing a high volume of incoming calls, supply information to callers, relay messages/transfer to voice message, greet and welcome people, order supplies, scheduling of appointments, phone call reminders, obtain any updated demographic during sign in and several types of letters to patients. Facilitates and encourages useful communication between the center and its customers, consumers and their families/significant others, visitors, community resource persons and Camino Real staff. Constantly exercises vigilance in maintaining confidential files and reports. Responsible for scheduling physician and any LPHA schedules. Serves as back-up upon the absence for the Reimbursement Clerk, will request and obtain from the consumers essential demographic and financial information, initiating or updating those associated forms, will remain current about consumer’s payor class and means of paying for services, handling, and receipting cash/check payments and insurance authorization for any managed care or private insurances.
Must have excellent communication and customer service skills, must always maintain an elevated level of professional attitude and must be able to work in an extremely fast-paced work environment. This position is required to be trained in Trauma Informed Care.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications to be eligible for the position:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED, plus two (2) years of work experience in a field related to the duties of this position.
- Each year (30 semester hours) of accredited college work in a related field may substitute for the required work experience on a year-for-year basis.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish.
- Experience and proficiency using computer/office equipment and software, (Word, Excel, and Internet).
- Experience using Anasazi software programs or other database software programs.
- Resident of Wilson County.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently, to organize work efficiently, and to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of business terminology, office practices and procedures, of spelling, punctuation, grammar, and arithmetic.
- Skill in word-processing and in the use of automated equipment and software.
- Ability to work under conditions requiring physical stamina and the ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Ability to make basic mathematical computations and tabulations, to maintain clerical records and prepare reports, to compose letters and memoranda, and to operate automated equipment.
- Ability to type at a speed to complete work assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to take meeting minutes.
OTHER SPECIAL INFORMATION:
Apply in person at: 1005 B Street, Floresville, Texas, or submit application and resume to:
Camino Real Community Services
P.O. BOX 725, Lytle, TX. 78052
PHONE: 210-357-0359 or 357-0300